Monday, May 18, 2009

Wine Cork Placecard Holders

I actually have had this idea for quite a while (which I got from browing random peoples wedding pictures) and it is quite fitting considering I plan on getting married at a local winery and I am definetly a wine lover!

I have been saving every wine cork from every bottle of wine I've drank for months and also picked quite a lot up when I went to Woodinville Wine Country Passport Weekend this past April. My bestie has also been saving all her wine corks for me. She had a special red one that came from a bottle of 'Vampire' wine. This super fun cork will be her placecard holder as my maid of honor at the head table :)

It would also be fun to name the tables after types of wine. I got that idea from this picture:


Here are the instructions for making these useful decorations.

You will need wine corks and a razor blade or X-acto knife.

1. Using the razor blade or craft knife, slice off one side of the cork lengthwise, so it can lay flat on the table. Make sure to use a fresh (sharp) blade, otherwise the cork may crumble.
2. Then, with the cork set flat on the table, make a slice down the middle lengthwise, but not all the way through.
3. Cut the cardstock to a rectangular shape (or a fun shape) a bit larger than the width of the cork.
4. Scribe your guests names using a calligraphy pen.
5. If you like, you can hot glue a magnet strip to the bottom of the cork placecard holder. If your table happens to be metal, this will keep it in place and weighted down. If not, you can slip an adhesive magnet under your table cloth to make sure it stays in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment